javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day card and chocolate candy box

Happy Valentine's Day!  I have a few V-Day projects to share today.  First up is a little Valentine using some of Prima's new products. The Prima Design Team members all participated in "go green" challenge and we all made cards using Prima packaging as the base.  Here is mine:


The sentiments in the background come on Prima's new packaging.   To make the damask hearts, I stamped on a transparency using Prima's damask stamp (from a few releases ago), then I added black embossing powder and heat embossed it.  I cut out heart shapes and backed them with red cardstock.   I crocheted around the edge of the card for good measure.  You can see the other DT members' gorgeous Valentine cards on the Prima blog.

I don't usually re-post projects I've already shared, but I just couldn't resist sharing my little Valentine's candy box from last year.   If you've been following my blog for a year or more, than you might remember this chocolate box I made:



Hungry? How about a little peak inside . . .

They look good enough to eat, don't they?  Not so fast!   I made these scrumptious looking chocolates out of Fimo polymer clay (the beads are the giveaway).

But here's the BEST part.  My jester husband saw the finished project and decided to play a little joke.  When I was in the other room, he snuck into my scrap room and found my Fimo clay.  He made his own little piece of "chocolate", complete with a "bite" taken out of it (he used the handle of a fork to make the teeth marks).  Then he replaced one of the the chocolates in my candy box with the one he made.  So imagine my surprise when I opened up the box to photograph it and saw a half eaten chocolate!!


Funny man, that hubby of mine!   I think I'll keep it this way.

And here's the Valentine's chocolate candies I made the year before (again, these are made from polymer clay).  I still get hungry looking at them!



I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

7 comments:

Romy said...

LOL, you have one very funny hubby:) I can imagine the surprise on your face when you found the 'eaten' bon bon;) Both your card and the chocolate box look gorgeous! Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

i didn't see the post before and i am glad you posted again!

cvanholstein said...

Haha, he's got a cool sense of humour!!
And he is right, you could have fooled me!
just by looking at these chocolates, you gain 2 kilo's! Very well done!
xxx, C

Ella Swan said...

Your chocolate box projects are great! I love your husband's half eaten chocolate - what a joker!!

Olga Wright said...

LOL i love chocolates.. your hubby is very funny. chocolate is always present every Valentine's day.. lovin' everything about your post!
web design ventura

tisanjosh said...

I remember that my mom getting box like these. I have had a few of my own of that kind in my day. really like the turquoise. Don't assume they would go with anything that you have in the house do you? click

Jatin Sethi said...

chocolate day funny quotes