javascript:void(0)

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone!  There was a Halloween festival at my girls' school this past Friday.  The kids all had fun dressing up and showing off their costumes.  One thing I found interesting is how the costumes evolve as the girls get older.  In Danielle's 2nd grade class, it was all about looking pretty.  There were some angels, fancy devils (Danielle), rock stars, brides, a couple princesses, etc.  But in Rebecca's 4th grade class, it was all about being spooky, macabre and bloody.  Rebecca was a bloody vampire.  Among the other girls in her class, there was "zombie" everything -- zombie bride, zombie waitress, zombie prom queen, zombie skeleton, zombie clown . . . you get the picture.   Times have changed since the days of the Cinderella and Tinkerbell costumes they loved in Kindergarten.  Sigh.

I have a couple Halloween projects to share.  First up is a mask I made using some of Prima’s new Halloween goodies. A black glitter-coated mask will provide for the perfect disguise when the ghosts and goblins come a-calling.


Prima supplies used:
553760 Bat Vine
553296 Coventry Rose
551360 Say it in Crystals
552800 Carlotta Royale
538620 Fairtytale Roses (colored with purple mist and glitter)

No witch would be properly dressed without a pair of shoes like these:


I made these using a paper shoe template I created a while back. You can find the tutorial and link to the template on my blog here: paper shoe template.  I altered the template slightly to make these shoes a bit pointier . . . perfectly fit for a witch!

Prima supplies used:
841713 Paisley Road “Assam”
551360 Say it in Crystals
553548 Autumn leaves
553777 Night Flight bats

Have a safe and fun Halloween!!

1 comment:

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi my sweet and dear friend!!!!
I just love your project look so cute all the details are so perfect !!!
I miss to write you a email in ths week , but today at night I will write a big one!!!
I hope everything doing great !!
Kisses and huges with much love
Cyndi