javascript:void(0)

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home -- handmade dollhouse

I've always had a fascination with dollhouses and miniatures. I bought a plain wooden house a while back and I've been saving it for the right project. Last week I was finally ready to dive in. I gathered up some Prima goodies, fabric, Shimmerz, lots of buttons, lace and other little odds and ends and I went to work. Here is my Home Sweet Home:













Here are some of things I did to make my little Home Sweet Home:
*I first painted the entire house with acrylic paint (white on the walls and trim, and sandy beige for the floors).
*I covered the outside and some of the inside walls with Prima paper.
*I made the bed and the chairs out of the packaging from Prima flowers. I added little Prima pearls and rhinestones.
*I glued buttons onto the roof and I "Shimmerzed" and glittered the chimney.
*I made the curtains out of fabric and made the rods out of pieces of wooden dowels.
*I made the bedspread and the pillows out of fabric. Thank goodness for Fabritac!!
*I made the bed skirt out of lace.
*To make the lamp shade, I took a strip of Prima paper and created tiny pleats, then I glued the ends together. I added a little rod and stuck it into a gold button base.
*I glued a stack of white buttons together to make the bases for the table. For the table tops, I covered chipboard circles with Prima paper.
*I sprayed the downstairs rug and the bedspread fabric (originally a light tan color) with pink Shimmerz Spritz for a little extra color and shimmer.
*I cut a piece of a Prima felt border and I painted it with Hi Ho Silver Shimmerz Blingz, then I added the jeweled center.
*I printed out a tiny copy of our family photo and put it in a mini metal K&Co frame to hang on the wall. Yep, that's us!!
*I computer printed the "Home Sweet Home" sign and put it in a frame to hang on the downstairs wall.
*I scanned the cover of my favorite scrapbooking magazine and printed out a tiny version of it to put in the basket.
*I put a few mini Prima flowers in a vase that I "borrowed" (shhhhhh . . . don't tell) from my daughters' dollhouse.

I can't tell you how much fun I had creating this little house!! I'm ready to move right in!

9 comments:

Keshet said...

This is adorable!!

I'm new to the blog, but couldn't help but comment on this lovely house! I think my favorite touch is the tiny magazines.

Darien said...

WOW! That house is Beautiful!!!!!!!!! Love the roof!! And your family portrait is the best!! LOVE IT!

BabyBokChoy said...

you are AMA-freaking-ZING!! Seriously. soooo talented!!! holy buckets.

Sorelinha Arte em Papel said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww Perfect! I loved it!

Carol

Lynn said...

You're seriously amazing Stacy!!! Can't believe you did everything using scraps of papers, fabric and trims!!! I really can't imagine any better ideas from you! Congrats on outdoing yourself again!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, this is fantastic. Can't believe all the detail .. love the buttons on the roof and your tiny magazine.

Brittany said...

I love the mini family photo and the CK magazine. The details you thought of are fabulous! :)

It's an amazing house!

RosaliaArt said...

cool, love the bed :D

Nicole Martel said...

OMG THIS IS ADORABLE!!