javascript:void(0)

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

To all you moms out there, I hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day!

And to my mom: if you are reading this, STOP RIGHT THERE, do not pass go, do not read any further! Please exit out of my blog . . . otherwise you will spoil your Mother's Day surprise. :)

Is the coast clear now? Okay, let's move on. You see, my mom is out of town today (it's the first Mother's Day we haven't celebrated together), so I can't give her the gift I made for her until later on this week. But I can show all of you her gift. My sweet mom took me and my girls on a trip to Hawaii last year for one of our annual "girls only" vacations. We had SUCH a great time! And since she always appreciates the mini albums I make for her, I decided to make her a mini album with pictures from our Hawaii trip (this was also one of my entries for the A Million Memories DT call).

I used lots of fabric and Glimmer Mist on this. I started with an off-white fabric, cut it into squares and strips, then sprayed all the fabric pieces with various colors of Glimmer Mist. I sewing machine stitched around all the fabric swatches then layered them under the photos on each page. I used the Glimmer 'Mist-ed' fabric strips as ribbon and tied them to binding rings along with some straw (like you find on a grass skirt). And of course, I just had to use oodles of beautiful Prima flowers!!!











Happy Mother's Day to you and yours!!!!! And Mom, if you missed the part above about not reading any further, Happy Mother's Day and I hope you like the gift! I love you!

9 comments:

Kristi B. said...

this is awesome Stacy! I love all the details you added & of course the bucket full of flowers. :) I see so many great techniques, you must have worked SO HARD on this. Your mom is so going to love it!
Happy Mother's Day...I hope you had a super happy day!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

The album is nothing short of amazing!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Stacy....amazing as usual...great vibrant colors! Looks like you had a great time....and you Mom will LOVE IT I'm sure!

Meg Giroux said...

Stacy, you mom is going to love this! It is so adorable and what beautiful pictures you in it! Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Hawaii!!!

Karla Smith said...

Stacy, I love the Album, love all the Flowers.... Gorgeous Tropical colors. I'll Bet your MOM has tears, as to the Beauty and Work you put into this...What a wonderful Gift for her...

JulesinParadise said...

Amazingly beautiful album...but then so is everything you create.

Jami said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is stunning!! Every page is fabulous!!

Marcie said...

I'm sure your mom loved it! Who wouldn't, it is truly gorgeous!

RosaliaArt said...

amazing album, so colorfull