javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Now that the weather is beginning to get cold and the days are getting shorter, I find myself thinking ahead to Spring. I can't wait to plant colorful flowers in my garden and watch the leaves grow back on the trees.
Here's a scrapbook page I recently made for the November monthly layout challenge on SoCalScrap. The challenge was to use corrugated cardboard on your layout. I first painted the corrugated cardboard with a couple different colors of acrylic paint, then I sprayed several colors of Glimmer Mist (love that stuff!) on top of it. I also used Glimmer Mist to color some of the Prima flowers which started off as plain white. Those white Prima flowers are my favorite embellishment because I can make them any color I want. I love working with all these bright, happy colors!!!

ETA: Rochelle reminded me to mention that I won the challenge contest! :)

6 comments:

Rochelle Spears said...

This layout is fabulous!! But you didn't mention that YOU WON THE CHALLENGE! Congrats! :)

JulesinParadise said...

Love this layout and Congrats on winning the challenge!

Unknown said...

You're layout is beautiful! Congratulations!!!

BTW, I took a glance @ your other layouts & I CANNOT believe you're 40! You look amazing! Not to say you can't look good at 40, but you look much younger than that. Aw, shoot, I'm rambling...

Anonymous said...

Wow, did that Glimmer Mist ever work with those flowers! I have a new challenge!!!

Suz said...

Wow what a great layout. Love the bright colors on it & your blog

Casii said...

Gorgeous! I'll be in person that corrugated cardboard is most fabulous.